Year 7 Admissions
read our prospectus
Our inclusive admissions process is, at all times, open, transparent and fair, and meets the requirements of the national Schools Admissions Code, the Appeals Code and Admissions Legislation.
Shireland CBSO Academy processes applications inside of the normal Local Authority process for coordinating school offers.
You must apply via your local authority.
We will have 150 year 7 places for the academic year beginning September 2024.
Important dates for Year 7 applications:
- Monday 17 July 2023: Applications open – apply via your local authority.
- Wednesday 20 September 2023: open evening.
- Thursday 21 and Friday 22 September 2023: open mornings – by appointment only.
- Saturday 23 September 2023: open morning.
- Monday 2 October 2023: Music aptitude applications close – apply via our website.
- W/c 16 October or 23 October 2023: Music aptitude auditions.
- Tuesday 31 October 2023: deadline for year 7 applications.
- Friday 1 March 2024: National Offer Day for year 7.
- Friday 15 March 2024: Deadline for accepting offers.
Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the number of places available in a year group, applications will be considered against the oversubscription criteria as described in our Admissions Policy.
We have six nodal points for admission located in the six towns of Sandwell – Wednesbury, Oldbury, Smethwick, Tipton, West Bromwich and Rowley Regis.
In a nodal point structure, we look at how close students live to their closest nodal point rather than how far they live from the Academy, which will ensure that every child in Sandwell will have the opportunity to gain a place at the Academy.
For admissions enquiries email [email protected] or call 0121 818 4620.
Join our mailing list
Please complete the form below: