STUDENTS AND Families
The Academy has a simple and smart uniform which we expect all students to wear.
- Blazer with Academy logo.
- SCBSO tie.
- White shirt tucked into waistband with top button fastened.
- Plain black trousers or plain black skirt, knee, or ankle length. Skirts should be tailored and must not be made of a jersey material.
- Plain black socks or plain black tights
- Plain black leather-type polishable shoes that are smart, not trainers or trainer style.
- A sensible school bag large enough to contain an A4-sized folder and the correct equipment needed for each day.
- Blazers should always be worn.
- Outdoor coats may be a variety of colours but should be smart, ideally waterproof, and not covered in lettering. Hooded sweatshirts or hooded tracksuit tops are not permitted. · Shoes must have a flat sole or low heel. They should be plain and not have coloured trims.
- Plain black jumper with or without sleeves.
- Salwar Kameez, headscarves and turbans may be worn and should be a plain colour. Students are still required to wear the Academy blazer and white shirt and tie.
PE Uniform – to be worn on days when PE is scheduled:
- Long-sleeved Academy tracksuit top with logo.
- Plain black polo shirt (embroidered logo optional).
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms made from shell-suit-type material OR plain black shorts.
- Black football socks for Autumn/Winter outdoor activities; black or white calf length socks for indoor or Spring/Summer activities.
- Trainers (can be any colour).
- Shin pads for football or hockey.
- One pair of stud earrings may be worn (one earring per ear) but should not be excessively large.
- If the Academy considers that earrings present a health and safety risk, the student will be instructed to remove them.
- One nose stud may be worn. Nose rings and/or multiple studs are not permitted. No other facial piercings.
- Earrings and nose studs must be removed for PE lessons.
- Long hair must be tied back for PE, practical Science and DT lessons (please provide students with a bobble).
- Caps are not permitted on the Academy site. Hats must be removed before entering the Academy buildings.
- Hooded or tracksuit tops.
- Visible tops under shirts. If pupils wish to wear an extra layer under their shirt, this should be plain white with sleeves not exceeding the length of their shirt sleeves. For example, students should not wear a long-sleeved plain white t-shirt under a short-sleeved shirt.
- Nail extensions, false nails and/or brightly coloured nail varnish.
- Extreme haircuts or styles.
- Excessive makeup and/or false eyelashes. Pupils are allowed to wear natural makeup.
The majority of our plain uniform can be purchased at supermarkets and department stores. We have kept the amount of branded items to a minimum and branded uniform is available from CC Uniforms in West Bromwich.