Year 7 Admissions
Our inclusive admissions process is, at all times, open, transparent and fair, and meets the requirements of the national Schools Admissions Code, the Appeals Code and Admissions Legislation.
For 2023 entry, Shireland CBSO Academy processes applications outside of the normal Local Authority process for coordinating school offers.
You must apply directly to the Academy for a place in addition to any local authority application form that you may complete.
We will have 150 Year 7 places for the academic year beginning September 2023.
As a new school we can still accept applications for Year 7 places for September 2023.
Important dates for Year 7 applications:
- July 2022: Applications open.
- Saturday 24 September 2022: Open Day.
- Tuesday 4 October 2022: Music aptitude applications close.
- W/c 10 October or 17 October 2022: Music aptitude auditions.
- Tuesday 18 October 2022: Year 7 Meet and Greet session.
- Monday 5 December 2022: Year 7 Meet and Greet session.
- Wednesday 1 March 2023: National Offer Day for Year 7.
- Thursday 2 March 2023: Year 7 Open Evening.
- Wednesday 15 March 2023: Deadline for accepting offers.
Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the number of places available in a year group, applications are considered against the oversubscription criteria as described in our Admissions Policy.
We have six nodal points for admission located in the six towns of Sandwell – Wednesbury, Oldbury, Smethwick, Tipton, West Bromwich and Rowley Regis.
In a nodal point structure, we look at how close students live to their closest nodal point rather than how far they live from the Academy, which will ensure that every child in Sandwell will have the opportunity to gain a place at the Academy.
For admissions enquiries email [email protected] or call 0121 818 4620.
Join our mailing list
Please complete the form below: